Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride 20''
Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride 20''

Ride Cymbal from Zildjian belonging to the A Custom series.

goodbyebluesky goodbyebluesky
Publié le 04/14/08 à 08:15
I used this 20&quot; Ping Ride from the A Custom line for a short while.
I'm not typically a fan of ping rides or dry rides since I've come to like (and expect) a good wash underneath the ever present &quot;ping&quot; of a ride cymbal. So I was pleasantly suprised with this cymbal. It is fairly &quot;wet&quot; for a ping ride, so you get a nice low to moderate &quot;wash&quot; or &quot;shimmer&quot; underneath the ping. I've compared this cymbal side-by-side with Zildjian's K Custom Ping Ride, and the K is markedly drier and has significantly less capability to produce a noticeable &quot;wash&quot; underneath the ping than the A Custom will produce when you induce it by playing harder and further out from the bell. In other words, the wash is there when you want it.

I had no problem getting excellent stick definition playing complicated patterns anywhere &quot;in the field&quot; of the cymbal while still getting a gentle wash and sustain underneath it, which pleases me and my playing style greatly.

My only dislike is the small size of the bell, although you can still get plenty of &quot;ping&quot; almost anywhere on the cymbal.

I think this cymbal is versatile enough for use in multiple styles. Its well suited for heavy rock music since it has a good density and its well-definied &quot;ping&quot; would do a good job of &quot;cutting through&quot;. It could also be adequate for modern jazz or fusion style music since it has a fairly &quot;wet&quot; sound. I would also reccomend checking this cymbal out side-by-side with the 22&quot; version to see if the larger, more expenzive one is better for you.