Zildjian ZBT Ride 20''
Zildjian ZBT Ride 20''

Ride Cymbal from Zildjian belonging to the ZBT series.

Publié le 11/11/10 à 15:38
The Zildjian ZBT Ride 20" cymbal is a simple ride cymbal for use with a full drum set. A few months ago I did a recording session with a friend of mine who is a drummer and has this cymbal. I'm not a drummer by trade myself, but I'm an engineer who has recorded all sorts of different drums and cymbals and like to think I know the difference between a good one and a great one. While I don't know if I'd say that this is a great ride cymbal, it's certainly a good one. It's really bright sounding, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation you're using it in. We were recording some songs for a pop/rock band, so this cymbal did the trick just fine. It's not the best overall ride cymbal that I've used and recorded with before, but it's also certainly not the worst. It's great for getting that high pitched bell sound in there, which may or may not work for you. The cymbal seems to be made well and all that, but since I'm not a drummer I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to the make up of cymbals. I believe that the cymbal comes in other sizes, but 20" seems to be the perfect size for a cymbal of this kind. I wouldn't say that the Zildjian ZBT Ride 20" is a professional cymbal, but rather it's somewhere in between. It's definitely adequate for playing live shows as long as you're not a professional playing every night. Having said this, the cymbal is definitely best suited for the drummer who is somewhat experienced looking for a solid ride cymbal that won't break the bank. Basically, I'd say it's a fine cymbal for use for anyone other than a professional...