Akai Professional MPC2500
Akai Professional MPC2500

Sampling Sequencer from Akai Professional belonging to the MPC series.

FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
The features on this machine are hot, there are some things I feel that AKAI could have improved on or done differently such as the effects, the effects in this new machine are hot but why change the layout? The way the layout was in the 2000XL was good, you could use 5 effects on 1 sound and you had reverb 1, 2 and Multi 1 and 2. Here on the 2500 you can only chain 2 effects together then you have one main effect. The machine has its good and bad parts, but who am I to talk, I’m just an Invisible man! All in all I like it.

Price paid

3 months teaching private gym lessons=1999.00

If you are new to the sampler/sequencer lingo you will get lost of course but MPC's have always been some easiest machines to use, I have owned the ASR 10, MPC 2000, 2000XL, Triton and now the 2500 and the MPC's have always been the easiest machine to use. I think AKAI should have never changed the functions off of the number keys but it is something that all the new cats to MPC's won't have issues with all the old heads are still looking for the same layout but we will get used to it.

I have only had it for a few weeks and it looks very sturdy. AKAI seems to make very durable stuff; I don't intend to put it in the cage with my Assonate gorilla so it's durable enough.

I think the sound quality is better than the 2000Xl and I own both machines. Strong points-AKAI added new features such as chop shop, Grid edit, four MIDI outs etc. Weak points- some of the things like chop shop need OS system upgrades before the will work at full capacity (It works great on small loops w/ drums only but once you go beyond just drums and a certain length, you will run into issues) Due to experience I know how to get around the those things

I'm feelin it enough to know that I will have it for years to come, so the love is there.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: The Invisible Men (January 2-, 2005)