Akai Professional MPC500
Akai Professional MPC500
KoFee KoFee
Published on 03/28/07 at 14:09
- MIDI IN and OUT, Stereo Output Jack (phone), Double Mono output jack (L + R MASTER), Double Input Jack Mono (can switch to a single microphone). USB2.0 for data transfer (sequences, programs and samples) between the animal and the computer. Compact Flash card reader and memory expandable to 128mb with a barrette AKAI.

- Factory Sound Bank very average, yet it allows a minimum of fun after a good GPA is, so as everyone knows is the interest of sampler and sampler, and resampler. So a bank&#39;s fully customizable. Unless I am mistaken, we can deal with any musical style, just choose the desired time (4 / 4, 3 / 3, 2 / 2 ....). We can rework those samples in a very fast and intuitive.

- The effects are limited but still present. Decay, attack, standardization, timestrech, heuuu, I know more after but hey not expect miracles from this side.

- You can sequence your tracks with almost as limited only by the internal memory of the MPC (32mb), which may be a bit tight for large samples, but more than adequate to bring tens of tracks and sequences.

- The grip is perfect. The system is very intuitive AKAI. Just fly quickly record and MPC will be tamed within hours. For those who do not use Hard sequencer or drum machine, it can easily become more complicated. But I think you will not find any equivalent machine easier to use.

- It&#39;s simple, everything is simple, recording a sample, adjustment scales, through the "sliding" events on the slopes, the distribution of sequences. Everything goes by "modes" available at the touch of a pad. Each mode is reserved to a particular editing work assembly sequence, effect, record, publish samples ....)

- First flat on the board, the manual is in English only. But hey it&#39;s not Shakespeare, either, it should not be a problem too.

- The MPC is therefore suitable for all types of modern music. I compose mostly rap with influences electrofunk. But I also took my foot to the more traditional instruments (violin / piano rap FR), percussion or beeplines dirty westside, or even the brassy New York, dancehall reggae riddims, GNI ..... MPC = no limit.

- The MPC is not a machine dedicated to the world "HIPHOP" but the sound AKAI, rather hot is found for this kind of music. I think for sure that everything is really possible on this machine, limited only by the imagination of the composer. Samples are in WAV format (CD quality), no problem level sound quality. If you sample the MP3, retouvher would be better to still further that in the MPC, the older version of sample functions are limited side effects and EQ.

- Looking for the caller MUST touch your batteries? Well look no further, you are in front of the legendary Akai PADS!

- I use it for about two months now. SIR, I am very satisfied.

- Goodies:

Portability, power possible with 6 AA batteries.
The same features as its big sister, a row of pads, the timestreching real-time and had another little effect it seems.
The touch pads.
Ease of handling.
The warm sound comes out (I have not tested a lot of sampler in my life, but considering the price I think it does its job well).
Her blue backlight (I know, I know, but what class!)
Its USB connectivity, ideal for drag / drop samples on the Compact Flash card.
Opportunity to do with Live.

-Cons:

Not save the top, because if you turn off the machine without malencontresement save first, you lose EVERYTHING.
32Mb internal memory, which is sometimes a fair bit to load the sample programs enormous.
A compact flash card that comes with 128Mb (with falling prices, AKAI provide for at least 1GB).
Unable to move in certain ways without interrupting the reading.
The inability to change the tempo in real time loops.
The section actually quite poor (not annoying for my style of music).
Screen too small.

- Users of old MPC will not be confused, and those who use different systems to arrive probably take over within hours. Before I worked on Roland MC and the MPC has changed my life.

- The value for money is excellent, I wonder even now what justifies such a price difference between the MPC1000 and 500. Without wanting to speculate I think that the MPC500 is the best value in the range MPC. So the choice I would do without hesitation.