Yamaha RS7000
Deux 14 Deux 14

«  "BTW RS7000's are dope!" Richard D. James »

Publié le 11/08/14 à 02:07
Everything is available below and across to AF.

The important point: the sound engine of the machine and all the onboard effects are digital.

Also here are a few of the many features that still inspires me after 10 years of service:

1. The integrated sequencer 16 tracks and game effects noon. This is a really good hardware sequencer. I've never tried to Cirklon but good old RS is very complete at this level.
Each piece includes 3 way:
The pattern mode with 16 sections (ie possibility of 16 different sequences per track) all accessible directly on the keyboard. Sequences can go (I think) up to 256 steps!
The pattern chain mode to schedule sequence of sections (that can manually enchainer "on the fly" in the pattern mode.
And the song mode. no matter.
THE sequencer contains a lot of options and twelve o'clock effects (swing, groove edit, play fx, harmonization, midi delay) including (also) an arpeggiator.
Well, almost everything in the machine "séquensable" and that's huge for a hardware sequencer.
Finally, it also allows to control other machines (2 midi out)!

2.La phenomenal amount of embedded, including the drum sounds sounds. Most BAR were sampled by Yamaha and in sounds available (see below for the sound quality). In hardware difficult to have a machine with many factory sounds. Note that the complete list is available at the end of the manual.

3. The large number of editable parameters allowing programming in depth and precise editing of each sound.

4. The large number of controls on the front and the possibility to assign to many functions and for those working on the excellent DAW implentation south of the machine.

ECs and some other elements (sampling, multi purpose ...) make a complete machine, comfortable living in and also live in the studio (possibility of installing a card separate outputs).

The general configuration is it simple?

Yes and no

Yes, everything is at hand, the screen is large, access to all functions is clear and you become familiar quickly.

No, there is much for each track editable parameters, midi and audio. So it's a fairly complete programmable tool that demand to dive.

Note less: the synth part based on the lack of samples without possibilty is sorely synthesis, modulation etc ... this is a detail, to the synthesis must be real synth ...
But if Yamaha unveiled the source code of the machine that quickly there would be mods or upgrades available, new effects, other swings, modulation possibilities, anything is possible ...

The manual is clear and sufficient?

The manual is 300 pages of a joke. It is often incomprehensible, but makes a few services ... in any case I like to read books ...
The machine is easy to handle for someone who is not a beginner. After it is always the same: you have to dive in ...

The bike is digital: the sound generator, multi effect and reverb.

Overall I naturally cold, it is very far from the low end of a TR808, it has very little head room and lack of dynamic sequences dumoins when you load a lot.

Well, it means less live on a big sound system ...

And in the studio, with a good console and its dynamics harmonics and its treatment is much room for improvement ...

I have for 10 years, so this is a bit of a tribute I made it here. It was my first and only bike for months ... I made above the ear ... I liked and loved and abandoned again ... my config is good but I étofée ' there always came back ...

YAMAHA thank you for that.

YAHAMA is a leading manufacturer of studio gear. RS is no exception.

For a home studio already well equipped this machine is a MUST, given all the opportunities: Advanced programming and opportunities available.

The sound at first listen is "special" but once treated it shows its creative power.
Personally I use it a lot for rhythm and for that I pass in a moog pedal which I use only the circuit "drive" the entrance, there really sound off! She did not blush in the mix even face my e-mu sampler 64 which is a level beast ...

It is for me a great machine with a sequencer and many agile editable in depth and is a huge creative potential sounds.

Richard D James (Aphex Twin) does it is also not wrong:

Given the price of Cygnus, I'll buy another one.