Makemusic Finale 2012
MakeMusic has released Finale 2012, a new version of the music notation software. The new release introduces ScoreManager, designed to intelligently control the way music looks and sounds.
Finale 2012 also includes Unicode font support, broadening Finale’s visual possibilities, additional Garritan sound, and several advances designed to facilitate collaboration.
Finale 2012 in brief:
- ScoreManager – Finale’s new ScoreManager is designed to help musicians make their creations look and sound any way they wish. Control over staff playback and appearance are now in one place.
- Unicode text support – Musicians can access any character in today’s fonts, facilitating the creation of music in any language and the use of previously elusive font characters.
- Music education tools – 1,000 customizable worksheets and repertoire titles are included, as well as fonts created for music education and support of SmartMusic, the interactive music software for band, orchestra and voice.
- File sharing – Expanded.PDF support and graphic capabilities are designed to bring music to word processing and graphics programs. Music XML 3.0 offers collaboration with users of many other music programs, and additional changes are designed to redefine playback with other Finale products.
- Additional improvements – More Garritan sounds, new staff spacing tools, new fonts, auto-detection of MIDI devices, new tutorial guide and user manual with integrated video, and more.
Pricing & Availability:
Finale 2012 is now available for download at www.finalemusic.com. MSRP is $600. Upgrades start at $119.95.