EDIT: [NAMM] First info about Notion 5
The PreSonus booth at Summer NAMM 2014 is full of surprises, and visitors will have the opportunity to discover the first images of Notion 5.
Notion 5 will be the first update released by PreSonus after they acquired it from Notion Music.
PreSonus had already announced that the new edition of the notation editor will be greatly improved, which seems to be the case. Here are the first information we can provide today:
- Universal notation editor for Mac, PC and iOS
- New effects from the Studio One to be added to the playback
- EDIT: Video integration to Mac and Windows 64-bit with 8 busses, upsampling for export, bounce of all stems, support for new VST libraries, timecode display and several tools for image composers
- ReWire support for universal compatibility with DAWs
- Improved workflow
- EDIT: new editor that allows for creating custom rules for VST sound libraries, for easier third-party library use
- EDIT: Enhanced chord library with a recall function for the latest chords used
- EDIT: new GUI with support for Retina displays on Mac and touch displays with Windows 8
- EDIT: new presets for LASS, Sample Logic and System Blue third-party libraries: Fanfare, Rumble, Impakt and Virtual Ensemble
EDIT: Notion 5 is now available for 146.97€ and education prices are offered. The upgrade from previous versions costs 48.96€. The software is localized in English, French, Latin American Spanish, German and Japanese. Visit www.presonus.com for further info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] The Blue Mikey Digital with Lightning port Blue Microphone will launch in the following weeks an updated version of its Mikey Digital iOS microphone with Lightning connector.
- [NAMM] Novation announces the Launch Control XL Novation is offering an XL version of its Launch Control MIDI controller for Ableton Live, which is introduced at Summer NAMM 2014 today.
- [NAMM] PreSonus Capture now on the iPad Along with the new Audiobox iSeries audio interfaces, PreSonus launches on the iPad the mobile version of its Capture recording software.