Avid Sibelius 7
Avid has announced Sibelius 7, the newest version of the music notation software, with MusicXML interchange support, sample library and a new task-oriented user interface.
Changes in Sibelius 7:
- New sound library – It includes the Avid Orchestra, a specially recorded full symphony orchestra, a collection of rock and pop sounds from the Avid virtual instrument team, a 27-stop church organ from virtual organ creator Hauptwerk, and a selection of sounds from Sample Logic Rumble and Fanfare featuring 14-time world champion Drum and Bugle Corps, The Blue Devils.
- Redesigned task-oriented user interface – Optimized for single-display systems, the new user interface employs a graphical toolbar and dockable panels that don’t obscure the working area. The redesigned mixer is also designed to allow finer control of playback, delivering more balanced mixes.
- Full MusicXML interchange – MusicXML import and now export designed to make sharing files with hundreds of music applications, including Finale, easier.
- 64-bit performance – Sibelius 7 is described as the first native 64-bit notation software, and has been rewritten to take advantage of the performance of today’s 64-bit hardware and operating systems.
- Text, graphic and sharing options – Typography and graphics import/export capability. Publish and export layouts and text-heavy scores with advanced finishing options, including direct PDF and EPS export. Also sync with or import notation from Pro Tools, or export scores as Scorch files, then share or publish them on the web or via Avid Scorch for iPad.
Pricing and Availability:
Sibelius 7 for Windows and Mac is now available to purchase for $599 USD. Current Sibelius customers can upgrade for $149 USD, with multi-seat upgrade pricing from $60 USD per seat. A crossgrades from another notation product is $199 USD.
Avid also offers individual educator and student pricing for $295 USD. In addition, students receive four years of complimentary upgrades. This price and four years of complimentary upgrades also apply to Avid’s leading audio and video software, Pro Tools and Media Composer. Educational multi-user pricing is offered at $120 USD per seat.
For more information, visit the Avid website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- AudioFront DSP Trigger v1.1 AudioFront has released version 1.1 of DSP Trigger, a software-based audio to MIDI converter.
- Neo-Soul Suitcase Fender Rhodes Plugin The Neo-Soul Suitcase Fender Rhodes Plugin, is a urban sounding rhodes that is designed to reproduce the sound, feel, and playability of a real Fender Rhodes Suitcase.
- SONiVOX Twist SONiVOX announced the release of its latest instrument from their Nemesynth Audio Research Group, TWIST – Spectral Morphing Synthesizer.