Gibson SG '61 Reissue
Gibson SG '61 Reissue

SG-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the SG series.

phooey phooey
Published on 01/03/13 at 10:12
Characteristics that he knows so I will not add ...

Guitar very comfortable to play, it has been said, very playful, and beautiful with some style and his body stripped apparent on this beautiful heritage cherry which I never tire more.

Mild course, it is quite nice when you want to rest a Les Paul but you will not see a real difference with a Fender.
Brought to Fender, this is my first Gibson, I had a little trouble getting used to nail that sticks a little nitro - matter of practice - and the size of the handle a little surprising at first, but immediately was pleasant and not binding at all.
It is clear that access to acute is easy and it is an important point when choosing a guitar.
its a good course, quite nervous, rather an excited chorus guitar but it is true that you can do a lot with.

The sound of the pickups is good, provided we know what we buy, the classic ben 57 ... classics, with their grain of their own. Guitar nervous demand crunch and distortion but it cleans out the quite interesting though far from those of a Fender.
No doubt we can change the pickups for something a little better or more appropriate to his style, but they are walking just fine, there's plenty to be satisfied.

What I like least:
Mmmh ... not much, in fact, I consider it one of the 4 classical guitar to own, it sounds differently from others, so much the better!
Price / quality ratio: at this price, it is still expensive but I love!
Maybe an SG 700 or 800 euros is equally honorable.

Yes, I would do this choice although I certainly would not say that 6 months ago.

I will put an 8.5 overall.