Gibson SG Custom Showcase Edition (1988)
Gibson SG Custom Showcase Edition (1988)
childrenofmetal childrenofmetal
Published on 04/06/05 at 04:26
Made hand states
Printed in 200 copies worldwide, including 50 reserved for Europe (it's 046!)
Channel 22 Colé boxes with binding (excellent, casting ensures continuity of !!!!), frets ebony fingerboard, abalone repere big!
Fixed bridge (with screws precision) Shaller (not original ...)
3 active pickups EMG 60 (for the stack smashes a plate in front)
3 position selector (neck, all bridge)
One piece Mahogany body
You really feel that we have before our eyes an exceptional guitar, the luthier for Gibson really care of every detail, it is moving!
They even put a "layer" of ebony on the head!
Double binding on the head pearl inlay Gibson and the famous diamond pearl designed for special series (Supreme, 10th anniversary, exotic custom ...)

In short a beautiful guitar collection of prestige

I'm looking I see nothing wrong with this plan, even the biggest failure of the SG (the head is often a tendency to dive) is reduced!

Small precision mine is black! I find this kind of vile red ferrari on a guitar of this class !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is also the only complaint would be on the scratch (not but what idea pfff)

More (https://www.everythingsg.com/photo80.htm)

Good in absolute terms, is an SG:
- Not very heavy
- Channel incredibly nice (nice round handle D is not very fine but the top)!
- Access to acute unmatched!
- Excellent Shape
- Very easy to play, very nice too

In short DIVINE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not say that was worth the scratching in its original configuration. I got it secondhand rise seymour (2 SH2), and I with 2 EMG (EXG 81 + 60).

The reputation of the EMG on the right violin (in addition to the mahogany!) Is well established: it sounds very scary is what it sounds !!!!!

I play on an ENGL Powerball, it is on as sound a bit aggressive
But it is a skyscraper that is at home anywhere (because of its violin eh! By putting it on top 3 X2N it does not excel in bossa nova)!
While its current configuration is destined more big rock (see more violent)

I've had one month (but it is a scratch that I know well, since it's been two years since I have seen it and I tane his former owner to cede it to me)
So what I like most: just about everything !!!!! it really is the best guitar I have ever practice!!
What I like least: NOTHING! Should not messing around either what more

The only thing I miss is a scratch on the vibrato
I think I'm going fast enough to let me try a Bigsby guitar like Angus Young
is a class act !!!!!!

This is not necessary to say that I would do this choice without hesitation and would recommend you take it if the opportunity is free!