< Tous les avis AKG C 460 B
AKG C 460 B
Published on 02/01/11 at 21:07
The AKG C 460 B is a discontinued small diaphragm condenser microphone, best suited for use in the recording studio. There are a few different versions of the C 460, but this review is for the original. The mic has a huge frequency range, picking up sound from all the way down at 5 Hz to 30 kHz. It’s got a standard cardioid pick up pattern and also has a low cut option at both 70 Hz and 150 Hz. It’s also got a -10 db pad…

The AKG C 460 B is great for all applications where you might want to use a small diaphragm condenser as it’s just a really solid mic overall. I don’t own the mic but used it a bunch at the studio that I worked at before the one I’m working at now. I’ve used it for recording acoustic guitar, mandolin, violin, and a few other things here and there. Unfortunately we only had one of these mics, otherwise I would have loved to have tried it in a stereo pair for recording drums or otherwise. AKG makes really solid microphones at reasonable prices, and the C 460 B definitely falls right in line with this. Even though they’re no longer making the mic, I think that they’re still pretty readily available and it shouldn’t be too hard to get your hands on a used one. You can definitely find the 460 is some form even if it’s not this original one, as these seems to be a bit more hard to find than the others. Most of the AKG small diaphragm condensers are going to be pretty solid, but this one is up there with the best that I’ve used and is quite comparable to the AKG 451 which is also an outstanding small diaphragm condenser. I’d definitely recommend the AKG C 460 B as a general purpose, small diaphragm condenser mic for the studio.