Audio-Technica AT2021 Condenser Mic
Audio-Technica offers the new AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone, designed for home studio and live applications, with extended frequency response, high maximum SPL and wide dynamic range, according to A-T.
The AT2021 is also available packaged with the AT2020 in the AT2041SP Studio Pack.
The AT2021 is designed to capture smooth, natural sonic characteristics of the audio source, and the low-mass element provides excellent transient response, according to A-T. Corrosion-resistant contacts from the microphones gold-plated XLRM-type connector, in addition to the mics design and construction, are said to ensure reliable performance and durability for the user. The units cardioid polar pattern rejects pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source.
The AT2021 specifications include:
- Element Fixed - charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern - Cardioid
- Frequency Response - 30-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity - 39 (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance - 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level - 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise - 19 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical) - 126 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio - 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements - 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight - 83 g (2.9 oz)
- Dimensions - 101.5 mm (4.00") long,2.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector - Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished - Stand clamp; soft protective pouch
Pricing & Availability
Audio-Technicas AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is now available with a U.S. MSRP of $139.00.
For more information, visit www.audio-technica.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Dyvision Works Reverb Remover Dyvision Works has announced the release of Reverb Remover, a VST effect plug-in for Windows that can remove reverb from an audio signal.
- Alta Moda Audio Hippo Alta Moda Audio debuted the Hippo stereo compressor/limiter, the latest product in Alta Moda’s range of 500-series rack products.
- Audio-Technica AT4080 & AT4081 Audio-Technica introduced the company's first ribbon microphones, the AT4080 and AT4081.