Behringer B-5
Samy44L Samy44L
Publié le 03/22/10 à 07:44
Nothing to add!

I used this microphone for recording (or sound):

- Choir
- Voice of woman or man (solo)
- Flute
- Saxophone
- Organ
- Concert Band
- Conference

Well every time, this microphone has been satisfactory. It may as well save a child's choir to several meters (where the stereo is good, but the low level), as brass very "aggressive".

The only thing that bothers me is the "bump" in the treble. I do not understand this method does not find a frequency response as homogeneous as possible. Organ with a "neoclassical" 60s, the cymbal very "acid" is very strong ressend this hardness to 10 kHz. A quick equalizer and everything works out: the highs are still there, but less aggressive and the whole is very balanced.

So this microphone can be of great service, and value for money is very good. To get a good result, there is work to do on the investment, the choice of making her if used in pairs (XY, AB, ORTF ...), equalization etc. ... Pay special attention to noise (Ventilos of computer or recorder, motor truck passing in the street ...).

4 years of good and loyal service, and I think still have room for improvement in their use. For example, I've never used the omni capsules whose spectrum is more straight. I am afraid to take more reverb and noise. Should I make a test with my 2 pairs; one in cardio and one omni.

To be continued ...