Remic Microphones have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their new W3000 project, a dedicated microphone for woodwind and brasswind instruments.
Danish company Remic Microphones have launched a kickstarter project for their next instrument-dedicated microphone, a new model specifically aimed at woodwind and brasswind instruments. The omnidirectional REMIC W3000 was designed to deliver a natural sound response while offering a high suppression of ambient sound-sources, so as to provide both a natural sound and low acoustic feedback response.
The microphone housing is made of black natural rubber to ensure fast, flexible and reliable mounting, and comes with a 4mm cotton woven MOGAMI cable with a length of 2 meter. The mic can easily be mounted on the bell of the instrument, pointing towards the neck and top valves, ensuring a fine interaction between the fundamental and overtone registers of the instrument.
- Technology: PFM™ (Proximity Field Microphone)
- Working Principle: Vector-based pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: High-definition pre-polarized condenser element
- Cartridge technology: Direct balanced
- Orientation: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Bandwidth: 6Hz – 21KHz
- Max Sounds Pressure level: 164 dB SPL (before clip)
- THD: 0.5% @ 144 dB SPL [@48Vdc]
- Sensitivity: 4mV/Pa (-50dB re.1V/Pa)
- Self noise: –71dBu @ 200C [equal 22 dBA measured]
- S/N: norm. 90dB
- Power: 48 Vdc Phantom
- Power consumption: 2mA
- Cable: Ø 4mm | 2m shielded dual pairs with cotton woven outer jacket.
- Connector: 3-pole NEUTRIK audio connector (male)
As often with Kickstarter projects, several different options are offered to contribute, ranging from a $5 symbolical support contribution to OEM partnership opportunities. As for the W3000 itself, the “super early bird” offer for one microphone is $449 (50% off the planned full retail price) for the first 20 contributors, with already only 18 left at that time. The first models are expected to ship by June 2016, provided the expected total amount of DKK150,000 (should be approximately $22,500) from all contributors is reached by February 9th, 2016. More details available at the project’s Kickstarter page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.