Sonor Benny Greb Signature Snare Drum
Sonor has announced the launch of the Benny Greb Signature Snare Drum, to be introduced this Fall 2010.
According to Sonor, "Benny favors Beech, which gives the drum its transparency, warmth, fat sound and wide tuning range. The special shell size, 13” in diameter and 5.75” in depth, is the outcome of experimenting with the snare drum that he has used over the years. The beautiful outer veneer of the drum is Scandinavian Birch which adds a timeless look. However, it wouldn’t be Benny’s Signature snare without adding something very special. The personalized badge shows Benny’s unique “cartoon-head” and a special soft rubber ring was applied to the shell."
- 13" x 5.75" Thin (5 mm) Beech Shell Construction
- Scandinavian Birch Outer Veneer
- 2.3 mm Powerhoops
- REMO Drumheads made in the USA
- Soundwire Snares
- Specially designed Benny Greb Badge and Soft Rubber Ring
The new Sonor Benny Greb Signature Snare is available at authorized Sonor dealer beginning February/March 2011. For more information check out the new SONOR Drums catalog and the Sonor homepage.
Viewers of this article also read...
- How to Get the Most Out of Multitrack Drum Libraries More drum libraries are showing up in multitrack format from companies like Discrete Drums, Wizoo, East-West, Reel Drums, etc. Although these are sold on the basis of being useable out of the box for drum parts (with the additional advantage of being mixable), I see them more as a gold mine of raw materials for creating custom drum loops.
- [NAMM] Sonor Steve Smith Signature Snare Drum Sonor has announced the launch of the new Steve Smith Signature Snare Drum to be introduced at the Winter NAMM Show 2011 in Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Los Cabos Practice Pads Los Cabos Drumsticks have redesigned and expanded their line of practice pads.