I use this snare for nearly two years and I like it as always!
- 10 tie, allowing a skin stretched more effectively
- Steel Drum 1.2 mm
- Barrel nickle (black) and then brushed horizontally entering the letter Tama (star)
- Black Nickel hardware
- Trigger ultra quiet, smooth
- It has a rubber seal between each shell and the barrel which allows to control harmonic vibrations by removing the parasites. (For the pleasure of sound engineers)
- It is a snare that needs to be stretched both in drum head snare. It restores a clear and precise sound with harmonies and not controlled envahisantes less tight harmonies are rather cumbersome and not very pretty. The cross-stick sound is not very powerful even if it is fairly well defined but the rim-shot sound is ultra powerful with always the same control harmonies. It's still a very good snare, it fits very well in a rock / metal but also by his power in a more groovy funk as it emerges from the rest of the instrument by its harmonies and incisive attack.
- Very good value for money (around 200 and 220 for baguetterie.fr Thomann.de)
- Comes with carrying case and spanner Tama Tama.
I found a pity not to have stamped circles for this snare drum. It takes about 100 € for a circle punch and stamp spare part.