Yamaha Oak Custom Musashi Snare 13x6.5"
Yamaha Oak Custom Musashi Snare 13x6.5"

Snare Drum from Yamaha belonging to the Oak Custom series.

1138-clem 1138-clem
Publié le 10/03/09 à 04:06
For how long have you been using it?
I have this snare for a very short time, but the longer it goes the more I like his sound ... My teacher has set me drumkit ... it does not bleed, it's clear, powerful and slamming. Fitted with an Aquarian High Energy is just fantastic.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
A Pearl Free Floating Brass 14 "x6, 5", several models of Black Panther whose signature Chris Adler. I have long hesitated to buy the free float and I had this stroke of heart for having tested a Musashi Oak Custom in 14 "x7". I just bought on a whim / heart ... but I think if I really searched thoroughly, I will never find the sound I wanted.

What thing do you like most/least about it?
I love the unusual size! the 13 makes this a tool chattering snare and brings depth to his power. The oak wood is really great!
What I do not, for now ... nothing, but there will surely come.

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Thomann for 275 € ... + Skin Aquarian High Energy it has nothing to envy of signature models or special (freefloating, warlord, etc. ...). At that price, go for it!

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
For now I am not well placed to respond. What I can say is that I was looking for a particular snare drum, both in terms of material and dimensions. For now, I am particularly pleased.