Universal Audio updates UAD Software to v8.1
Universal Audio adds three new plug-ins to the UAD-2 and Apollo platforms in the newly released UAD Software v8.1 update.
Vintage analog sound fans can now discover the revamped Neve 88RS Channel Strip plug-in, an evolution of the Legacy edition released in 2007. It now includes the Unison mic preamp modeling technology for the Apollo interfaces and Universal Audio says that all the processing sections have been improved. You’ll also find new presets made by artists such as Jimmy Douglas (Timbaland, Justin Timberlake), Andrew Dawson (Kanye West, Jay-Z), Joey Waronker (Beck, Lisa Germano) and Ryan West (Maroon 5, Eminem).
Neve 88RS Channel Strip features:
- Fully modeled circuit, including transformer, preamp, filters, dynamics processor, EQ and output amp
- Preamp with mic/line switch, separate control for mic and line gains, phase switch and -20 dB pad
- High-pass and low-pass filters with frequency sweep (18 - 7.5 kHz for LP and 31.8 - 325 Hz for HP)
- Switchable compressor/limiter with gain, threshold, ratio, release knobs, Hard/Soft, -20 dB pad and Fast switches (the attack time is program dependent, this switch allows for choosing between 3-7ms and 1-7ms ranges), switch for inserting the EQ in the side chain and SideChain Link switch to enable/disable the dynamic section gain reduction
- 4-band EQ with frequency sweep, gain, Q controls and Shelf options for the high and low frequencies ; Pre-Dyn EQ switch to setup the EQ section before or after the compressor/limiter section
- Gate/Expander with threshold, range between 0 and 60 dB, release between 0.01 and 3s, attack switch (500ms / 50ms), -40 dB pad, continuously variable Hysteresis/Exp between 0.5 and 25 dB
- Global controls: level up to 10 dB, output up to +20 dB, phase switch, power on/off
- +48V phantom power
- Stereo link
The Neve 88RS Channel Strip is available for $299, owners of the Legacy version benefit from a $100 discount. More info at www.uaudio.com/store/unison/neve-88rs-collection.html.
The second plug-in in this v1.8 update had been introduced by Softube at Musikmesse (see this news), it is the Marshall 1959 Plexi Super Lead 100W guitar amp model for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces, complete with 50 presets designed by Tony Platt. This plug-in retails for $199 at www.uaudio.com/store/guitar-bass/marshall-plexi.html.
Last, Softube now offers the UAD-2/Apollo compatible version their Tube-Tech CL-1B compressor model which was previously available as a VST 2/3, AU, RTAS, AAX Native and DSP plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. The UAD version can be purchased now for $299 at www.uaudio.com/store/compressors-limiters/tube-tech-cl-1b.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SIR Audio Tools updates StandardEQ to v1.2 SIR Audio finished testing beta 1.2 of its StandardEQ plug-in and releases the final version, which adds AAX format for Pro Tools.
- Liquid Notes on sale and Java 8 compatible Get Liquid Notes for 30% off in May, and use it with Java 8 on Windows.
- Charlatan is back in v2 We left Dominique Wurtz and his Charlatan VA synth in v1.4.1, he’s back this month this month under the name of BlauKraut Engineering and a beta v2.