URS Classic Console Strip
URS Classic Console Strip
Lo_Fi Lo_Fi
Publié le 04/24/07 à 10:52
You need a registered iLok (USER ID must be the iLok to register on the site of URS and access the download of the plug).

The purchase is a little hassle but by following the instructions given on the site of URS by following a link sent after purchase, all is well. I found the process just sucks iLok (USB token synchronization), but hey it's a necessary evil I suppose.

I have not opened the manual, the interface is super traditional which has already seen a compressor, a hard or soft aileurs ...

2Ghz Macbook Pro with 2 GB of RAM. It turns nickel and CPU load is very reasonable in Logic Pro 7.2 (I turned ten carefree).

The sound is fantastic, that's why I wanted to leave a review. These plugs, great US known for (see U.S. forums on the subject), are very very very good and I find them really better than the Waves which are their main competitor. More "solid", more American in a way.

The sound of this plug is terrible ... I hesitated between a bundle and the bundle URS Waves SSL 4000 Collection, but frankly, after testing and purchase of the plug in particular, I am charmed by this brand, I will take the bundle of compressors with the EQ at that Macintel they will be compatible (in the coming weeks). I think the two are quite complementary.

Note that the URS 1980 Compressor compressor, the compressor channel strip comes from classic, won against the Waves SSL Bus Compressor 4000 a blind test here: http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=59093 and I really agree with the results, but also a matter of sensitivity, I like the sound of the solid plug.

I want to say that the long j''utilise Waves plugs, and I have the SSL 4000 Collection Native.