URS A series

All user reviews for the URS A series

• moosersmoosers

URS A seriesPublished on 02/28/09 at 15:38
    The URS A Series EQ was quick to install and is overall easy to get started. I had no compatibility issues with this plug-in, and I have come to trust URS made plug-ins in all aspects of their performance. It has run stable with my machine since I installed it and has always run smoothly. I don't have a manual for this, so I don't know how helpful it is when learning this plug-in.

I am running the URS A Series EQ on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I run this plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 with a Digi 002R audio interface. I haven't had any problems with this, or any other URS plug-in, even while running a few of these at once. The interface is easy to follow and learning the plug-in won't take too much time. The URS A Series plug-in won't take up too much of your processing power overall, and is possible to run a lot of these at once.

I've been using the URS A Series EQ for about two years and have found it to be a really useful EQ plug-in. I believe it is modeled after an API EQ, and has the overall look and sound of these vintage models. The sound quality is crisp and there is a great deal of versatility in terms of setting your EQ and notching exact frequencies. The price is reasonable, as all URS plug-ins are. URS makes some of the best plug-ins out there and this is a great example of their craftsmanship. While I usually prefer having a graph to go along with a parametric EQ, this is easy enough to follow that you don't really need it. Overall, this is another great plug-in from a great plug-in manufacturer.