Agrandir
URS N4 series EQ

All user reviews for the URS N4 series EQ

• moosersmoosers

URS N4 series EQPublished on 11/04/09 at 08:38
    The URS N4 Series EQ is a pretty new six band software equalizer.  The process of installing this plug-in was brief and easy as I didn't have any issues at all.  I didn't have any compatibility problems and had the plug-in up and running within a few minutes.  The interface of the software also only took a few minutes to understand as everything is pretty straight forward.  In terms of parameters, the middle four bands of EQ have parameters for frequency and gain, as well as a button to choose a few options concerning the bandwidth.  The outer two bands are a high pass and a low pass filter, each only have a parameters for frequency.  There are also buttons for in/out for each of the bands as well as an overall input gain knob.  Unless you are unfamiliar with how to use a basic EQ, I don't think that a manual is needed for this plug-in.

I can't say that I've thus far had any problems running the URS N4 Series EQ plug-in on my machine.  I am currently running it on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 that runs with a Digi 002R audio interface or an Mbox Micro depending on where I am.  The plug-in definitely doesn't take up too much processing power as I am able to run a high number of these at a time within a single session if I choose to.  While I've only been using the plug-in for a few months, I think that this is enough time to determine if it will run well, and this plug-in definitely does run well.

While I am admittedly a huge fan of the plug-ins that URS makes, I can definitely say that the URS N4 Series EQ is one of their finest EQs yet.  It offers up a great tone that is not only warm, but very realistic sounding for a software EQ.  It is somewhat similar in sound to the other EQs that URS has to offer and also offers a similar user friendly interface.  The price of the URS N4 Series EQ is reasonable as is the case with most of their plug-ins, especially if you buy it within one of their bundles.  If you are looking for an all around great sounding EQ that is pretty fool proof in terms of using it, the URS N4 Series EQ plug-in is absolutely worth a look at.