HH Combo 212
HH Combo 212

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from HH .

jmarcz jmarcz
Publié le 07/05/07 à 04:49
( http://www.photomania.com/ )

This is the good old 70's transistor (maybe 80's) with a true / false emulation of lamps
100W (watt and not of fear, it sends the dynamics of the wood is terrible especially when the sound is off valve, for against the sound is a bit tacky in this case!)
Connectivity options: 3 inputs (one per channel and to use both), send / return effect, line-out, 2 speaker outputs (one for those in), a slave output (in fact I think preamp out, without probably for another driver amplifier commencing with the HH?)
2 channels: 1 clean (volume, bass, treble reverb on / off), a drive ... (gain, bass, mid, treble, presence and the famous valve button sound on / off with three options: light, medium, heavy )
more master reverb and master volume.
The plus super class that makes the charm of the craft: the facade is illuminated green when the power is on ....... a massacre.
Are there any early 80's version, but everything is there.

This is an amp and if you count there are 10 switches and 3 knob and 2 switches, not very complicated.
I had no manual but you one really need to amp!
The sounds we talk after but the secret is the button valve sound.

The clean channel is clean, very clean, very thorough, very difficult to do cruncher and all so it's not beautiful.
channel drive is interested, we must push hard for a little cruncher (therefore provide a boost or an overdrive to saturate correctly). But we have access to a wide range of clean sounds a little bold or not at all (depending on the position of switch valvesound).
Using the light valve sound position and the gain on the bottom, there are many crados crunch almost fuzz if you cut the mids (like lump of president of the USA).
It starts to saturate correctly when I use my fake copy of a Les Paul with DiMarzio X2N bridge position (humbucker with passive high output 500mV) on the valve in position heavy sound (always gain in depth), but not yet what to do with hard-rock solos.

In general, it reminds me of the Roland JC120: clean and precise.
To punk or any other kind of music you really need a young pedal distortion / saturation or a preamp if it looks ridiculous as Plastic Bertrand.
I use a POD in the back end and it's very good, clean and neutral side keeps the characteristics of the POD.
the reverb is not very natural, it's clong, it could maybe go for surf music (like Dick Dale and his friends). anyway with a multi-effect or a amp modeling reverb is superfluous.

- How long have you use it?
4 years but I had problems with HP because when I got it, one of HP was toasted and I fucked each other the first time I used it. I use the head to another cabinet for a long time. I will soon recover from the mess inside.
- What is so special that you like most and least?
most: light green, sometimes sounds improbable drive channel.
the least: it is super heavy, the cabinet is made with the panel at least 20mm.
Another less: There are two 7-pin DIN plugs, a valve to control the sound and the reverb appear til, not easy to find a compatible Footswitch, too bad I have designed a A / B box passive ... another effect called input? strange: there is already an echo in return send jack on the back.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
ben not like that,
- How would you rate the quality / price?
great: it gave it to me.
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
same answer as above
That said it's a bit bulky ....