Squier Champ 15
Squier Champ 15

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Squier belonging to the Champ series.

MGR/RideTheLightning MGR/RideTheLightning

« Squier Champ 15 »

Published on 07/11/03 at 15:00
I got this amp in the Strat Pack at my local guitar store for $400 CDN (along with a squier strat, video, strap, picks, tuner and gig bag). I bought it mostly because it was cheap and because i liked the strat it came with.

This is a great all around amp. It is probably one of the best choices for a starting guitarist for many reasons. For example, it's cheap, it can go loud enough to be in a band (although you'll have to push the volume to 8 or 9), it sounds just fine and it has all the features a starting guitarist needs.

All my complaints about this amp are related to wear and tear. I've had it for 1 and a half years now and the speaker is almost done. This is probably because I put it at 7-8 when I'm playing in my band and I also put a distortion pedal in front of it (which increases the volume). Now, i'f I turn the volume up to 6 or higher, the speaker sounds like it's either loose or like it's about to rip apart. Another complaint I have is that the distorted channel is messed up. When I got it this channel was as good as any other budget amp's. Now, It sounds like it's broken which is wierd because I almost never use it.

This amp is built better than most of the other budget amp's out there. It has taken it's fair share of drops and it's fallen out the back of a van a few times and it doesn't have any dents, broken bits etc. This amp will probably last between the time a beginner starts playing and then decides to get a bigger amp.

Definatly a good choice for a beginner, this amp will last "long enough" and it is one of the best sounding, best built budget amps out there.