D.A.V electronics Broadhurst Gardens No.1U
D.A.V electronics Broadhurst Gardens No.1U
joyce-day joyce-day

«  great quality! »

Publié le 01/16/11 à 04:40
Transistor preamps, it's actually an update from those used by Decca in the '70s. In order direct from Mick Hinton, a former engineer (at Decca) creator of the micro-electronics company DAV.

Connectors: - 2 microphone inputs (XLR balanced) and phantom power.
Each installment includes a aténuateur (-20 dbs), a low cut (150 Hz).

- Outputs: 2 XLR balanced as well.

The device has an input DI (Direct Inject) for instruments, but I do not use it, I will not comment on this item!
It is a 1U rack as its name indicates.
Two slices

preamps, all that is easier!
The manufacturer does not have a manual for this type of material that is not really useful.

The headroom is important (65 dbs), and it can be used throughout the stroke potentiometer because it does not blow.

The decision becomes easier, the placement of microphones, too!

I use it with a pair of Oktava MK 102. These microphones are unclear although their color indefinably "music" gives them a charm that is unlikely to find elsewhere.

It was therefore necessary to couple these mics with the transistor "transparent". It is highly successful in all cases taken for classical guitar, the couple Russo Columbia is interesting. A lot of "air" and clarity in the treble, bass resonate generously. However, equalization is inevitable after the decision to chop the treble and make attacks more accurate.
This problem is due to the microphone and not from Oktava auxc preamps (I had the same patches to apply with a twintrack Pro Focusrite).
The preamps are more "colorful", like slices of vintage British, as a twintrack remains my only point of comparison! It was more neutral and transparent (without compression) with the "air", but breathed more.

I use it for 7 months.
I had a Focusrite Twintrack that I sold before buying the equipment.
What I love most: the high gain without breath, respect for the dynamics: even a "pianissimo" home "where you play?" Will not escape this machine, without hardly any breath back plan.
Ideal for classical or taken cleanliness must be beyond reproach. I guess for a choir or Quattuor this unit must be able to perform miracles! Two preamplifiers