[NAMM] The Focusrite Red Series return
Focusrite announces the return of the Red Series mic preamp with the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre, a module for the popular 'Lunchbox' format.
Featuring the same circuit topology and components, the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre offers the performance of the original Focusrite Red microphone preamplifier in the popular 500-series format. It includes a Lundahl LL1538 input transformer, and a custom Carnhill output transformer, just as in the original design.
The Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre has switchable phantom power, polarity invert, and an easy-to-read illuminated VU meter, along with a stepped gain structure (with a Grayhill gold-plated military-grade switch) in 6dB steps ranging from -6 to +60dB.
- A mono mic preamp that uses the same circuit design and components as the original Red mic pre - the Red 1 in the 500-series 'Lunchbox' format
- The same Lundahl LL1538 input transformer and custom Carnhill output transformer as the original Focusrite Red 1 and Red 8 microphone preamps
- Grayhill gold-plated military-grade gain switch
- Gain range of 66dB
- Backlit VU meter with switchable calibration
The Focusrite Red 1 500 Series will ship worldwide in April at a $999.99 price. More details on global.focusrite.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- TC Helicon Offers Presets for VoiceLive 2 TC-Helicon is offering 500 new vocal presets for free download and use.
- Remote I/O Functionality for VENUE Mix Rack Avid has announced VENUE Mix Rack compatibility with VENUE Stage 48 and VENUE Ethernet Snake Card.
- Radial Engineering ChainDrive Radial Engineering announces the ChainDrive 1x4 distro and line driver, the latest in the company's range of 500 series modules.