[Musikmesse] Gem Audio Labs Sculptor
Gem Audio introduces at Musikmesse the Sculptor solid state preamp equipped with EQ and peak limiter, and designed for vintage sound lovers.
The EQ used on this Gem Audio Labs Sculptor discrete preamp combines active and passive topologies. High and Low-Cut filters are based on fast active filters (12dB/octave) a have a specific curve, with a 1dB boost before the cut-off frequency. The low frequency section is based on passive low-cut filters, while the Mid Cut and Mid Peak are based on fast active filters (parallel gyrator). The high frequency section uses a passive topology and RC filters are included (based on resistors and capacitors).
The analogue brickwall limiter offers a variable threshold and two modes are available: Soft uses MOSFET and tube diodes, while Hard employs vintage silicon diodes. A peak reduction meter is included.
Sculptor also allows for inserting an external device into its chain (a compressor for instance) with the Insert jack.
- Carnhill transformer-balanced XLR mic/line input
- Unbalanced 1/4" TS direct input
- Carnhill transformer-balanced XLR output
- Input impedances: 2.4k Ohms (mic), 10h Ohms (line), 1M Ohms (direct)
- Output impedance: 600 Ohms
- 1/4" TRS Insert (separate send and return)
- Mic gain from -5 to +65dB
- Polarity switch
- Phantom power
- Analogue brickwall peak limiter
- Peak reduction meter
- Internal PSU
An A/D converter card for two units is also expected soon. No information regarding the price. You'll find all the details about Sculptor at www.gemaudiolabs.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] New Yamaha MGP consoles Yamaha completes its MGP analogue mixers with two 24 and 32 tracks models, respectively the MGP24X and MGP32X.
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha Pocketrak PR7 Yamaha introduces at Musikmesse the new PR7 version of its Pocketrak pocket recorder, which is equipped with XY stereo microphones.
- [Musikmesse] New RME routers and converters RME Audio showcases at Musikmesse until saturday three new ADAT, MADI and AES3 routers as well as two ADAT and AES digital converters.