Maag Audio PREQ4 Mic Preamp
Maag Audio has announced the PreQ4 Microphone Preamplifier with Air Band (shelf boost from 2.5 to 40kHz) in a 500 Series one channel compatible configuration.
The PreQ4 is designed to offer 65dB adjustable gain, phase reverse capability, 70Hz high pass filter, +48V phantom power, and -20dB PAD. It is compatible with the API500-6B lunchbox and 500VPR rack systems. The PreQ4 offers 65dB adjustable gain, phase reverse capabilities, 70Hz high pass filter, +48V phantom power, and -20dB PAD.
- Max Gain: 65dB
- Frequency Response: -3 dB points, 10Hz & 75kHz
- Nominal Input Impedance (XLR): mic, 150 Ohms, balanced
- Nominal Output Impedance (XLR): 4 actively balanced
- Equivalent Input Noise: -118 dBu
- Headroom: +27 dBu
- Maximum Phase Shift: 25°
- THD + Noise: < 0.0009%
Pricing & Availability
The PreQ4 should be available March 1st, with an estimated $850 list price.
Check out maagaudio.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.