MarkBass Ground Stereo Pre
This stereo preamp designed by MarkBass and Alain Caron is made to be used as a foot pedal, giving you access to your sound at the front of the stage.
The Alain Caron signature model stereo preamp takes the form of a foot pedal and offers an array of inputs and outputs, including a stereo effects loop, stereo balanced DI outputs, Aux in, and Headphone output.
You can take the preamp onstage or off -- you can use the unit's headphone output for private practicing; or you can connect an iPod or MP3 player to the Aux input for learning recorded music or playing with backing tracks.
Although it can be used mono, the Ground Stereo Pre is designed to be used in stereo with two BAS 121 Lite two-way powered cabinets and stereo effects. Each channel includes 4-band EQ.
The preamp features separate Gain, 4-band EQ, and Mute switches for each channel; Master Level control; Effects Loop Bypass; stereo pairs of input jacks, outputs jacks, and XLR line outs; Stereo Send / Return for external effects; a Mono / Stereo switch; ground lifts; Pre / Post EQ and Pre / Post master switches for the line outs; and Tuner out, Aux in, and Headphone output.
Markbass Ground Stereo Pre specs:
- Channels: Left / Right
- Gain Control Range (L / R): -60 - 23 dB
- Inputs: 2x 1/4" jacks (L / R)
- Impedance / Maximum Voltage: 500 Kohm / 4 Vpp
- Outputs: 2x 1/4" (L / R) Speaker Outs, 2x XLR (L / R) Line Out, Tuner Out
- EQ (for each channel): Low, Mid Low, Mid High, High
- Switches: Mute L / Mute R, FX Loop Bypass, Line Out, GND Lift
- Power Supply: 12 VDC 200 mA
For more information on the Ground Stereo Pre Alain Caron Signature stereo preamp, visit the Markbass Web site.
Viewers of this article also read...
- sE Electronics sERN17 The sERN17 is added to the sE Rupert Neve range of mics.
- ADAM A3X Review An ADAM speaker for under $300? Yes, what used to be a dream is now reality thanks to the small A3X equipped with a 4.5" woofer and the German manufacturer's famous ribbon tweeter. Does it have everything a big speaker has?
- [NAMM] Neumann Mics Get 2 TEC Awards This year, two products of from microphone manufacturer Neumann have been distinguished by the Outstanding Technical Achievement TEC Award at the NAMM Show: the large-diaphragm microphone TLM 102, and the KMS 104 plus.