Solidbody guitar hand made in Korea.
Flamed Maple top (19mm thick)
three-piece maple set neck
24 jumbo frets nickel
handle type C radius 12''
+ string-through bridge tonepro
1 tone push / pull (splitter of the two microphones)
1 Seymour Duncan SH1 ('59) + 1 SH4 (JB)
1 sélcteur 3 positions (6 positions total with micro Splitt)
In unpacking the instrument, no problem finishing in the instrument inspected from every angle. Apart from the reaccordage, the settings for action and intonation are perfect, why I put 10.
Due to the weight of the mahogany intrument is quite big, so plan a robust strap! However, this does not prevent the instrument to remain hyper comfortable and well balanced when the shoulder! the form of cutouts provides access to acute very easy: cut arrives at the 23rd 22-fret, no problem then!
Varnish is very soft to the touch and not n'accroche abolument. The frets are well polished, no hanging at Demanche and various phrases legato. The size of the frets is very significant that both rhythmic solo handle is a highway. The rosewood is beautiful, and inlays, in original form, besides being beautiful are perfectly polished and do not exceed / not sink into the handle.
I am a guitarist that explores a lot of style, from blues to heavy hard rock. I was looking for a year a new guitar very versatile and I susi filled. I use an amp peavey VK112 with various pedals for distortion / OD, chorus, wah, comp
Guitar not connected:
The instrument has an exellent sustain load and performing a few harmonics is a real pleasure to hear them echo through the woods as we feel it vibrate.
By plugging the guitar now:
The lens is really clean, all frequencies expressed.
when using the bridge pickup, treble sing while when moving in neck pickup, the bass resonate. splits when the microphones we find ourselves in "the universe fender", the splitter is really effective and we recover the characteristic sound of single coil pickups
we get a lot of good bluesy sound to perfection and that whatever the position of microphones; mahogany warms the sound and the table in maple blackmailed mediums.
You can explore the good old heavy or go to the ACDC in the legato to satriani! the harmonic sing saturations drool not very clean
Overall it seems to find a PRS between his fingers. It is in the crunch and the good old ACDC I think this guitar sings the most!
It's been a month since I use it extensively. I was looking for a year a new guitar and I took the time to try a lot of models in all brands and it's really this guitar blew me most in my face and beard of the most people such as Start, Telecaster, prs single cut ,....
Since I'm rather a soloist, I would have liked to see my old floyd but hey it would sustain lost .... and I have other guitars for that!
In addition, the quality / price ratio (a large guitar for 599 €) is monstrous! when you see the finish of the instrument and how it sounds ....
I had a picture of Cort who was not particularly brilliant with all the "they say" and I really tried half-heartedly by chance ... well I say do not believe everything that is said!! just out of curiosity I encourage you to try it!
a picture as a gift a little more flattering what graphics:
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
grimaldi07's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- Guitar made in Korea (this is not pjoratif believe me!)
- Table Saddle flame mahogany body
- 24 frets mdiums, HH pickups (real Duncan SH1-SH4)
- Bridge Tonepros (fixed) chrome with strings through the body
- 2 knobs (volume + tone) with push-pull of the pickups (Cort does normment) slecteur 3 positions (neck, bridge and intermdiaire) all chrombr /> - Channel Saddle al 3 spices, rosewood fingerboard with abalone taken
- Mcaniques wraps super bill, keeping the agreement in all circumstances
- A round of rare docilis it is polished and therefore trs trs enjoyable to touch. It is flat (when you get the rgler properly, not easy ...)
- ACCS to acute excellent if somewhat restrained by the heel and more ... has maintained the wrist!
- The balance of this guitar is second to none! Irrprochable simply has held himself on his knees, is not forced at all to keep it horizontal and does not sting the nose (it's not like LG, small Ibanez or SG!)
- A dense wood, a veneer that is great, trs super soft and very polite! It is robust, extremely well finished and verifies. Saddle The flame is beautiful, even majestic! The sharp colors and mahogany binding on the contour of the body is trs class. A back compltement black, immaculate.
- What about? A composition of microphones that have proven in this universe. The SH1 and SH4 (best mic APRS even Duncan himself) are on their office MODELS jugs as more "prestigious" if any.
- The switch offers a range of its most eclectic, countless colors are possible.
- The sound will be crystal tantt (intermdiaire position with little tonality), as trs foil on the bridge pickup and full of Tone. The push-pull activated and the neck pickup on slecteur plac rvl trs smooth jazzy sound with low density, but incomparable measures.
- The highs are incredible sustain (probably of the quality of varnished wood and select a unique precision.
- I use it for a few months dj. It suits me perfectly, it's only a guitar and a price srieuse dfiant any competition. Cort is clearly my brand prdilection and this test have APRS Fender Telecaster ... Gibson SG Custom Vigier exca MSM ... Lg Arkane, Epi LP ...
- The only problem is the standard choice of chrome fittings Fully blackened guard major brands, oxidizes normment. I still found the solution to remove these traces almost indlbiles: disassembly executive "micro-based" intensive rubbing of chromium, hydrochloric acid, wash in cold water, s chage, replacage. This n'altre not shiny chrome and makes the matrial, like new, all beautiful, all clean ...
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Ham86's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Made in Korea.
24 frets, Seymour Duncan SH1 and SH4, fixed bridge with string type TuneOmatic transverse adjusting volume, pitch, Coil Tap + a 2 position switch for a total of six positions. Set neck. Mahogany body with maple table, maple neck. Voila! It gives confidence and visually it looks great!
Not too heavy (300 grams more than my Ibanez Sabre). So rather ergonomically shaped stratovolcano. Its very versatile without going down to the metal.
Problem (and it has been said here): the handle is too soft. All fretboard is not completely rigid to 100%. But here's a little too much! If we play the top of the handle, it will often unwanted vibrato effect (an advantage over a fixed bridge guitar! Not kidding). It can reach 1 / 5 of your differences with the desired tone.
Other KX has a mahogany neck that appears to you it would not have this worry. So it should be specific to the Custom. Prohibitive problem for me.
Yes the sounds are quite good without being exceptional, rather warm, felted and well defined, with no burrs.
I used it less than a week. I did it again because of his race. It may perhaps be suitable for persons of the same force pushing forward (with fingers) and behind the handle (thumb), but must be precise and gentle!
The new production runs will most likely problem, I hope!
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Rhylaxk's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Seymour Duncan SH1 ('59) and SH4 (JB) (HH)
Tone (push-pull efficient
Mechanical wraps (also works well
Weight (very important and too often forgotten for testing and feedback!) = 3.3 kg, lighter than a Start '(approx 3.5 to 3.8 kg)
Handle fairly round (similar to a dish but paulie) and varnish behind (black as the entire back of the guitar by the way). This is a set neck
Marks on the handle nice too
Honestly, for the price (approx € 700-750 ') and more should be (very) demanding!
She is standing in place with a strap not too wide.
Access to acute impeccable (set neck I remember) but not as easy as a RG.
With good mics (which owns the guitar) is obtained easily and quickly a good sound!
Unplugged it sounds good already!
Good finish throughout otherwise (pretty blue "tiger) but above the frets, hand polish, it's nothing special but it does not interfere in any way to play! And the outline of microphones that oxidize a bit (but blackened remains smooth so do not bother either).
The weight is about 3.3kg as mentioned above.
Good tonepro easel and effective adhesive! (Really). Traversing the strings provide good sustain too (not as good as for Paul, but good anyway!).
I am a versatile. I go from classical, blues etc, rock, hard ', heavy, metal etc. ... So I acquired there a little line 6 spider III (2 * 12) 150W.
So I had a guitar, preferably with a fixed bridge to be able to "drop" quietly. The pickups are split-and honestly, with a small compressor (eg I use Marshall as ') the sound is very close to a Start sound'!
The pickups have the respondents! Necessarily created by the metal but with the route it yours
For hard rock and 'no problem!
A versatile guitar and then concludes with pots' effective too!
I use it since last christmas about.
Love at music fair "Cort? Hmm it was not very good reputation ... Let us not be a sheep!" But ... But!? That's great! Pile hair that I need !
And since I'm a fan of mister Neil Zaza I had seen play at the moment to shake hands (with photo and a pick offered by Mr please!), This guitar looks like his signature model without being totally.
Shortly after I therefore swapped my american strat 'standard for this nice little gem!
So honestly, for 700 € Seymour Duncan American pickups and split, mechanical and set neck wraps that you ask for? A value for money unbeatable I think!
In addition to this, a nice face, an original color (it being the streets and not so much the better!).
If you have any questions or want photos please but seriously, good guitar, go for it! (Cort rock!)