Fender American Standard Stratocaster [2008-2012]
Fender American Standard Stratocaster [2008-2012]
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/12/08 à 01:06
(Originally written by checkzeflo/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Classic Fender Stratocaster made in the USA with all the legendary features...

As a reminder: three Fender single coils, rosewood fingerboard (you can also get it with a maple fingerboard), incredibly pleasant Fender neck (a bit wide and quite flat). Wonderful wood grain body and transparent varnish.

Standard Fender bridge with tremolo arm.

Ultra rugged case. Cable and strap are provided.

The finish is clean and looks and feels wonderful. It's a very good instrument!

I didn't want to buy a Strat (too common) but after trying out several Gibson, Telecaster, Gretch, Ibanez and others, I went back to this standard Strat with a real personal touch.

It should get at least 8/10 for its performance.

The neck is perfectly manufactured. It feels great but it's all a matter of taste. Guitar necks are like colors: everyone perceives them in a different way.

The guitar's weight surprised me because I expected it too be lighter.

The controls have a very sensitive response. The main advantage of this instrument is its overall manufacturing quality and its finish.

I give it 8/10 again although it's a subjective mark. This guitar is much better than most competitor products thanks to its performance and simplicity.

What can I say...

It's a Strat: very versatile thanks to the 5 pickup combinations, lots of distortion sound nuances due to the sensitive volume knob, lack of punch with distortion (the guitar has only single coil pickups).

You can play with the tone control and use extreme distortions for solos with the neck pickup.

The bridge pickup sounds very metallic and I mainly use it with the center pickup to soften the sound.

The center+neck combination is wonderful for arpeggios.

I give it a 9 because 10 is unreachable with my fingers... But it's the best sound I've ever had as a guitarist. Lots of useful sound variations.

I love it.

As I plugged it for the first time at home I felt an immediate change...

It's the most expressive guitar. It's not a legend for nothing...