Fender Standard Stratocaster [2006-2008]
Fender Standard Stratocaster [2006-2008]

STC-Shaped Guitar from Fender belonging to the Standard Stratocaster series.

Ceddie1974 Ceddie1974
Publié le 05/21/07 à 09:08
- In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)

This is a Southwestern

- How many frets, what kind of micro as well as their configuration?

Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard 21 boxes

- What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?

Floating bridge type "vintage"

- What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?

5 position switch, 2 tones, 1 volume

- What type of race?

Profile "C" = the redacted!

- The handle is it fun?

As mentioned above: the redacted ... nice, sweet, fast, easy ... mine is version "upgrade" with jumbo frets mdeium! No need to have the hands of the lumberjack for his;)

- Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy?

It is a stratum in all its glory! Even with their hands tied we happen to play it easily!

- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?

The Start is the embodiment of ergonomics in terms of guitar! Often copied, never equaled! No need to make t ... is the reference!

- Gets it easy to sound good? ...

That's when I was very surprised! The Southwestern are often the subject of heated debates between the pro-US, pro-japan etc ... and suffer in my opinion the subjectivity of judgments, see the bad-faith most extreme! lol!

Mine is a version called "upgrade" of 2007 ... but after removal, setting etc ... I have found abnormalities in relation to the official specifications Fender (I repeat them in my conclusion below) ... including a wiring type "60" microphones that features a raw sound in stripping psoition low selector on the mic acute, as in the 60's.

- Appropriate are your musical style?

I play pop-rock, rhythm and blues (the real eh! No output current month), rock and blues ... not only it is admirable in these records (especially the blues) but it also provides the rest!

- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?

I play in a Twintone Koch II and occasionally in a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?

We get everything!

- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?

Obviously in clean, is the great delusion in relation to my Gibson jazzeuse more ... stratum it to caricature, is more funky;)

In saturated ... anything goes ... less powerful than a gibson, it has a great dynamic and potato ... precise solo! Excellent

- How long have you use it?

Few weeks.

- What is so special that you like most and least?

Its plyvalence and comfort make it a really engaging guitar ... I like the least look, I'm an SG and LP addicted;) But we must recognize that the stratum is an excellent scratch!

- Have you tried many other models before buying it?

I may have had a stroke of luck with it ... but set like a pig, with spaghetti as a rope, an action of 2 cm in height ... when I slammed an empty agreement (always try the electric without plugging!), it vibrated so much that I deal all at once without asking questions! It was a good intuition!

- How would you rate the quality / price?

If you fall on the quality of mine ... it's a real shot!

- With experience, you do again this choice? ...

Yes, without hesitation!

My conclusion:

As said above, my little strat standard upgrade Southwestern chrome red rosewood does not fully to specifications offiel Fender. And perhaps therein lies its great quality and peculiarities.

First index, the wiring is like 60's ... second index, behind the neck, a small badge "60" anneversary ".

Index Last but not least ... disassembly, no microphones cerem but rather wound ... and especially Ash instead of Alder announced! Hence the total vibration of the scratches!

And so today in my eyes a little uniqueness that puts it in my heart when I choose to my stand;)