Hufschmid Guitars Atys
Sal Tine Sal Tine

« Hufschmid Atys 6 string »

Published on 12/27/19 at 13:38
Audience: Anyone
This guitar was my first headless built by Patrick Hufschmid, and I have to say that it is incredible. At the time I secured my build slot for this guitar I already owned a few other Hufschmid guitars, and I wanted to try something totally different... the Hufschmid Atys model. It is a full size body, with a 25.5" scale length, but no headstock! When I received the guitar I was expecting an incredibly resonant guitar and that is exactly what I got. I fell in love with the "compactness" of the Atys and it is simply a beautiful instrument, not only looks wise but also in feel and sound. One of my favorite things about a guitar built by Patrick Hufschmid is the neck carve. I have never felt so "at home" and comfortable playing a guitar as I do on one built by him. One of my other favorite things is the fact that I am buying a guitar built entirely by hand, without the use of CNC machines. Sort of like comparing an oil painting to a print... these are not mass produced machine built guitars assembled by a team of employees, but are hand crafted works of art, made entirely by one man. That to me is incredible. The specs are as follows:
One piece perfectly quarter sawn Sapele mahogany body
One piece premium perfectly quartersawn Iroko neck
Highly figured quilt maple top with custom green "chaotic burst" finish
Premium FSC certified West African Ebony fingerboard
24 fret, 25.5" scale with a 12" radius
Exclusive Hufschmied Blue Nut
Luminlay blue fingerboard side dots
Hipshot hardware/knobs
Made to measure Hufschmid Glowbuckers, the worlds first Glow in the Dark resin cast humbuckers
Dunlop 500k super pots, and a rare NOS Russian FT-2 0.027uf Teflon capacitor
Inlaid into the rear of the body is an actual minted coin, antique nickel finished, bearing the Hufschmid logo
Hufschmid 3D Kevlar control cavity design
15 coats of hand applied oil based varnish
Clear aerospace grade cell cast acrylic electronics cavity cover
This guitar has incredible action, a perfect neck and sounds amazing. I play many different styles of music and this guitar gets me every possible sound I could want! If you are looking for a guitar so UNIQUE that stands out in a crowd... a guitar that is so comfortable to play you won't want to put it down, a guitar that delivers an incredible range of sounds to suit your playing style... do yourself a favor and contact Patrick Hufschmid. He will handcraft you a beautiful guitar, that will surpass your expectations. It is like playing a true work of art!
I am a professional guitar technician AND I have been playing guitar for almost 41 years....

Images linked to this review