Ibanez EXR170
Ibanez EXR170

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the Ergodyne series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/11/08 à 09:41
(Originally written by damien4190/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Made in Indonesia.

3 pickups: 2 humbuckers (INF3 et INF4) and one single coil (INFS3)

5 pickup combinations

Flat neck

Since the neck is flat it's also quite fast for solos.

The shape of the body allows an easy access to the upper frets, but it's not extraordinary.

Very ergonomic instrument considering its price, very close to Ibanez high-class models (like the Satriani Signature model).

Not too heavy.

Good pickups.

Quite versatile sound possibilities thanks to the humbucker/single coil combination and the 5-position toggle switch.

You can easily play every kind of music from jazz to heavy metal, blues, funk, rock and hard rock (you just need to know how to set your amp - I have a Vox AD30VT).

I use this guitar for funk and heavy metal as a complement to my Epiphone SG which is better for blues and rock.

I bought it pretty cheap. It was a good deal.

This guitar has been following me for over one year and I don't plan to sell it.

In the beginning I wanted to change the pickups, but the original ones ended up seducing me.

It's a good guitar for beginners.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.