Ibanez RG3120
Ibanez RG3120

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the RG Prestige series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 11/02/08 à 12:16
(Originally written by Kazuyo/translated from Audiofanzine FR)

Made in Japan
24 frets, DiMarzio Tone Zone (bridge) and PAF Pro (neck) pickups.
Ibanez Low Edge Pro tremolo
5-way toggle switch, volume and tone controls
Wizard Prestige neck (excellent!).

I give it a 10 for the excellent pickups, the good lutherie and tremolo system. And... this guitar looks beautiful, it has a perfect finish and absolutely no defects.

Very nice and fast neck with easy access to the upper frets.
Ergonomically shaped body for comfortable playing while sitting or standing. Well-balanced guitar.

- Is it easy to get the right sound?
You can't go wrong if you combine DiMarzio pickups with a good lutherie....

Nothing to criticize so I give it a 10.

The PAF Pro produces very good clean and crunch tones. Switch to the Tone Zone for high-gain distortion and you'll feel its power!
I plan to upgrade to a 2nd PAF Pro because I find the Tone Zone sounds too aggressive.

I give it an 8 because the crunch sound could be better.

I've been using it for 1 year and it was well worth the money I paid (normal street price is a bit too high).

Based on your experience, would you buy this product again?

Yes if I still play heavy metal. But my taste is changing a bit and now I would probably buy a US Strat.

And watch out for new Ibanez models which have no resemblance to older ones. In the past you got real DiMarzio pickups but now you get "DiMarzio/Ibz" models which they say have the same sound, and the lutherie is worst while the price remained the same!

Overall I give it a 9.