Ibanez SC420
Ibanez SC420

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the SC/SCA series.

ejendres ejendres

« Excellent guitar »

Publié le 11/07/11 à 17:56
This is a Japanese made PRS knockoff. It has a 25" scale, 22 frets, dot inlays, and a wrap around bridge.

The bridge is awesome because even though its a wrap around it still features adjustable saddles, so you can intonate it in whatever tuning you like.

Has master tone and volume controls as well as a 5 way selector switch. I can't comment on the function of the 5 way switch because I got mine used with aftermarket pickups and the switch had been wired weird, so I replaced it with a 3 way switch. The stock potentiometers are really high quality.

The body has the typical s contours so its really light and still sounds awesome.

A random feature I really like is the minimalistic routing they did for the controls. They took out as little wood as possible, which is great for the guitar's resonance in my opinion.

The neck is the best part of this guitar. Its thin without being super thin, and its not the typical flat Ibanez neck. Its a really nice c contour with medium frets. It also has a satin finish on it so it doesn't get sticky.

The upper fret access is very nice, just like a typical s series guitar.

This guitar is very light but still balanced, at least mine was.

All the hardware and electronics were surprisingly high quality, MIJ quality is great.

I can't comment on the quality of the stock pickups, I got my SC420 used and it had Seymour Duncans in it. They sounded pretty good, but they're far from my favorite SD pickups. I know this guitar would sound awesome with good pickups, as it sounded pretty good with a set I normally hate.

These guitars aren't manufactured anymore but they can be found used for a steal. I got mine for $250, which is an absurd price for this quality a guitar.

The more classic features like a c shaped neck, medium frets, and mid gain pickups might turn off the typical Ibanez users but if you're looking for a classy, high quality, great sounding guitar for cheap, look no further. The Ibanez SC420 fits the bill.