Vantage 320T
nadelf nadelf
Publié le 03/30/07 à 05:26
Guitar Corréenne.
24 frets, 2 humbuckers and a single, centrally positioned.
Vintage vibrato
5-way switch, Master Volume, Tone neck pickup, Tone Micro Central.
Handle relatively large, rather flat.
General finish of good quality, very original for a guitar of this price (and relative to many far more expensive Guitres).

Question ergonomics, this guitar is very well designed (it must be said that the shape is inspired by Ibanez), very lightweight, comfortable with chamfers, and access to acute honorable (even if the handle is clearly intended to go on several models , where a body-neck junction somewhat surprising ...).
The handle is relatively fast, with frets clear. Wizard without a handle, you feel the inspiration Ibanez, once again.

The weak point of this guitar, in my opinion. Despite an aesthetic that seems to direct it to Shreds wildest delusions, it must be said that the humbuckers singularly lacking teeth.
This guitar does well in her clear, with sounds somewhat intermediate stratabound (well, with a little good will), the neck pickup is warm enough (note that this is not an LP anyway), when the bridge pickup, it is better to reserve it for the distortion.
In fact distortion is unfortunately rather quickly reaches the limits of this guitar. The lack of gain humbuckers is a shame. That said, as we do not pursue sound too extreme (métal. ..), we come to have fun, although sometimes a lack of response.
I set up two mini switch on my guitar, to splitter / set ELRS / draw a parallel between humbuckers, which greatly expands the sonic palette, and can qualify that. I do not win gain, but it can sound clear and very nice crunch to the blues or pop for example. However, the microphones were not provided for, the operation is a bit scandalous ... If you plan to try a change of microphone.

______________________________________________

Adding later: I installed two EMG 89 and an EMG SA on this guitar, and there is happiness: the guitar responds very well, and it benefits from the quality of violin (especially if it does not dan time highs, as I said above). From all good!

I own this guitar for 11 years (the first electric I had) and I must say I am very happy (especially since my little tinkering). I have another guitar with a big win like that, which allows me to vent if necessary. That said, the violin of this guitar is really well done, and a change of pickups will get the most. As it is not very expensive in time, it can be a good plan. Notice to DIY ...