Yamaha Pacifica PAC311S
Yamaha Pacifica PAC311S

STC-Shaped Guitar from Yamaha belonging to the Pacifica series.

Draix Draix
Publié le 06/11/06 à 04:43
Taiwan made (once more), the 311S, look for telecaster has a threaded shaft + adjusting rod maple with rosewood keys and 22 <span class="skimwords-unlinked">frettes.Le</span> body is <span class="skimwords-unlinked">aulne.Micro</span> Alnico V neck and micro nut humbecker Alnico V double- coil. Three-position selector + volume and tone pots (no push-pull).
The bridge is like Telecaster. The strings pass through the body.
Lutherie impeccable.

The 311S is very enjoyable to play, both for its excellent heat (without access to the acute problem of quality shrink +) for the ergonomics of game (bevel of the body). At the very least, it is equivalent to the Telecaster.
I fell for the beautiful orange maple table, I was not disappointed by the rest!
I have five other guitars (Godin LG, strata, epiphone sheraton and Les Paul Custom), the 311S is still my favorite for its ease of play

Typical blues-rock, 311S delivers pêchus sounds and biting. I appreciate especially the neck pickup, very hot. Both pickups together deliver a sound very bright, clear. The micro nut fulfills its function in the acute but I find the level down compared to that of humbecker.
I play on H & K tube 20 (all lamps) blues-rock (SRV, Bill Perry, etc ...) and jazz-blues (Robern Ford and Co) with some effects. The 311S is suitable for all blues-rock sound. Officionnado metal, go your way.

I'm playing the 311S for three years. I will keep it for sure.
In summary, Yamaha offers an excellent quality / price ratio for these Pacifica. The 311S also offers a certain time.
"Oh, if I was rich ,..." I fall for her older sister, the 311 Mike Stern.