AwTAC launches a compressor in 500 format
New-York based Awesome Transistor Amplifier company announces the release of the Channel Compressor, its third product.
The AwTAC Channel Compressor is a 500 model inspired by vintage compressors. The mono FET comp includes a line amp for parallel compression.
- The front panel presents the following controls:
- Drive knob: adjust the amount of amp sent to the compression circuit
- Reduction control: adjusts the amount of compression applied to the input signal
- Release control with times between 75ms and 3.4 seconds
- Blend knob: adjusts the output level for the parallel compression circuit, with up to +9dB of gain
- Output level
- High-pass filter switch at 375Hz with a slope of 6dB/octave
- Attack switch with three positions for fast (1.5ms), medium (15ms) of slow (40ms) attack
- Auto switch enable the circuit of automatic release, which disables the Release knob
- Relay-controlled bypass
- 8-segment gain reduction LED meter (in dB)
- Max output level: +18dBu
- Discrete design
- Assembled in the USA
Note that the Channel Compressor can be linked for stereo operation.
The price of this 500 module is $1099. Full details are available at awtac.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] New Eve Audio monitors Eve Audio will introduce next week at Musikmesse two new active three-way studio monitors, respectively the SC310 and SC312.
- [Musikmesse] Audient will introduce the ASP880 Audient announced on its website that a new ASP Series model will be introduced next week in Frankfurt.
- A new reverb for the TC System 6000 MKII TC Electronic adds to its System 6000 MKII a new multichannel reverb plug-in that can support systems of up to 62.2 surround channels.