New-York based Awesome Transistor Amplifier company announces the release of the Channel Compressor, its third product.
The AwTAC Channel Compressor is a 500 model inspired by vintage compressors. The mono FET comp includes a line amp for parallel compression.
- The front panel presents the following controls:
- Drive knob: adjust the amount of amp sent to the compression circuit
- Reduction control: adjusts the amount of compression applied to the input signal
- Release control with times between 75ms and 3.4 seconds
- Blend knob: adjusts the output level for the parallel compression circuit, with up to +9dB of gain
- Output level
- High-pass filter switch at 375Hz with a slope of 6dB/octave
- Attack switch with three positions for fast (1.5ms), medium (15ms) of slow (40ms) attack
- Auto switch enable the circuit of automatic release, which disables the Release knob
- Relay-controlled bypass
- 8-segment gain reduction LED meter (in dB)
- Max output level: +18dBu
- Discrete design
- Assembled in the USA
Note that the Channel Compressor can be linked for stereo operation.
The price of this 500 module is $1099. Full details are available at awtac.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.