[AES] Kush Audio launches a VCA compressor
Kush Audio introduces at AES 2014 The Tweaker, a VCA compressor described as with an old soul and post-modern brain.
The Tweaker is a VCA compressor in 1U rack format. It uses discrete components and features an innovative Sidechain Shaper section that allows, according to Kush, the user to choose and shape what the compressor “sees”, therefore its response. Kush adds that you can tweak the processor to get the more subtle to the more extreme results.
- 19" Rack Discrete-VCA Mono Compressor
- High torque 21-step fully detented pots
- Sidechain Shaper focuses compression on desired frequency bands
- Curve: simultaneous ratio and knee adjustment, from 2:1 soft-knee to 30:1 hard knee limiting
- Variable Attack: from 10 microseconds to 70 milliseconds.
- Simultaneous monitoring of Input, Output and Gain Reduction levels.
- Switchable Release: Fast Single Stage (20ms-500ms) and Vintage Opto-style Dual Stage (500ms-7500ms)
- Linkable Stereo operation
- XLR & 1/4" TRS balanced i/o
- 240V & 120V compatible
Discover The Tweaker at www.thehouseofkush.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.