[AES] Kush Audio launches a VCA compressor
Kush Audio introduces at AES 2014 The Tweaker, a VCA compressor described as with an old soul and post-modern brain.
The Tweaker is a VCA compressor in 1U rack format. It uses discrete components and features an innovative Sidechain Shaper section that allows, according to Kush, the user to choose and shape what the compressor “sees”, therefore its response. Kush adds that you can tweak the processor to get the more subtle to the more extreme results.
- 19" Rack Discrete-VCA Mono Compressor
- High torque 21-step fully detented pots
- Sidechain Shaper focuses compression on desired frequency bands
- Curve: simultaneous ratio and knee adjustment, from 2:1 soft-knee to 30:1 hard knee limiting
- Variable Attack: from 10 microseconds to 70 milliseconds.
- Simultaneous monitoring of Input, Output and Gain Reduction levels.
- Switchable Release: Fast Single Stage (20ms-500ms) and Vintage Opto-style Dual Stage (500ms-7500ms)
- Linkable Stereo operation
- XLR & 1/4" TRS balanced i/o
- 240V & 120V compatible
Discover The Tweaker at www.thehouseofkush.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] New dbx 676 channel strip The new 676 channel strip that dbx introduces at AES 2014 this week-end includes a tube mic preamplifier.
- [AES] New AT5045 hand built instrument microphone Audio-Technica unveils at AES 2014 in Los Angeles a brand new hand built large diaphragm condenser microphone for instrument.
- [AES] Antelope Pure 2 AD/DA converter Along with the MP32 and Satori, Antelope Audio introduces at AES 2014 the new Pure 2 2-channel AD/DA converter and master clock.