Sound Skulptor CP5176 Compressor
Sound Skulptor announces the availability of the new lunchbox-format CP5176 compression module.
Based on the 1176LN design, the CP5176 is a class A FET compressor that offers a very short attack time (20 microseconds announced). It uses Cinemag transformers on both the input and output.
Unlike the original, this model was added a 2 ratio, a high-pass filter in the sidechain circuit and a FET gain reduction circuit variation which allows for more distortion.
You can use the CP5176 on snares, vocals, guitars tracks or on the stereo drums bus.
- Discrete Class A circuit
- Discrete Op Amp output stage, API 2520 compatible
- 5 ratios + SLAM ratio mode (4 buttons pushed)
- Optional high-pass filter in the sidechain
- Distortion mode
- Gain reduction meter
- Cinemag transformers on the input and the output
The CP5176 compressor is available for 592€ (assembled) or as a kit (all included) for 353€. More info at www.soundskulptor.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Allen & Heath MixWizard4 mixers Allen & Heath unveils at InfoComm the fourth generation of its MixWizard analogue mixers.
- JZ launches a mic for low budget home studios JZ Microphones decided to extend its condenser microphone offer to low budget home studios with the J Series.
- Allen & Heath GLD-112 mixer unveiled Allen & Heath introduces at InfoComm 2013 the GLD-80 big brother, the GLD-112 modular digital mixer which supports up to 44 mic inputs.