Universal Audio 1176AE
Universal Audio announced the 1176AE Anniversary Edition, celebrating a decade since UA refounding by Bill Putnam Junior to revive the classic UA products made famous by his father, Bill Putnam in the 1960s.
According to UA, the 1176AE combines the best of the A “Bluestripe” and E revisions while adding the lower 2 to 1 compression ratio found on the 176. A new “Slo” attack mode is designed to give the 1176AE the potential for both classic and uniquely individual compression effects. The 1176AE is hand-built at UA HQ in California, USA, will have an MSRP of US$2999, an estimated street price of US$2499, and will ship as a 500 limited-edition product beginning in June 2008.
1176 AE Features:
- Unique rev.A/E “hot-rod-mod” features, cosmetics and sonic signature
- Program dependency of legendary “Bluestripe” Rev.A 1176
- Vintage UA 176 compression ratio array - 2:1, 4:1, 8:1 with 20:1 for limiting
- Expanded range of “multi-button” compression and classic “all-button” mode
- “Slo” 15ms Attack setting adds increased versatility for new uses
- Hand-built in the USA, Limited-Edition of only 500 units worldwide