Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

Studio headphone from Sennheiser belonging to the HD 25 series.

GerF_T GerF_T
Publié le 02/02/10 à 17:17
Not being a professional, my opinion is mostly that of a lover of music.

For how long have you been using it?

About a week.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?

Yes, hd 380, hd 280, sennheiser hd 595 (no comparison), ath m50 (very comfortable, really well done and quite beautiful, its very correct, but not as good as flat spatialization), AKG K240, AKG K271, AKG K701 (I recommend it to anyone who can afford), Grado SR 60/80, Sony 7506 (very dry, surgical, although probably not for work but very enjoyable if not), beyer 770 ... I know it's a mixture of open / closed, "monitoring" / fi but good ^ ^

I did look at this playlist: hendrix - hey joe (live at berkeley) daft punk - short circuit, Bumblefoot - normal, taj mahal & the hula blues band - african herbman, high tone - northern lights, gorillaz - kids with guns , retrigger - Jeanie & Caroline, Jaco Pastorius - i shot the sheriff, Joanna Newsom - bridges and baloons, Dave Pike - Sunny, dr. dre - let me ride, Bill Withers - Who Is He, J-Walk - French Letter of vivaldi (remember the exact title dsl), Wax Tailor - There Is danger and dj krush - song 1.
The files are either flac or by 320.
It is on a global interception that I chose the HD 25. After up to you depending on what you hear. For example, on jazz, the M50, the 770 and the K271 sounds better to my taste.
What thing do you like most/least about it?

The PLUS
The low round, slapping, very realistic without erasing the other frequencies. They impressed upon first listen! (Try it if you kids with guns and "under the influence)
The crystalline highs, absolutely not garish. Mediums present and mild.
The sound in general, there is a sense of clarity, rendering is very nice, no aggression. Moreover, the increase in volume will not interfere with this little gem, the sound remains the same, just louder.
The spatialization, compared to the models mentioned above, I think it's one of the most efficient (or even the most powerful ^ ^)
The isolation, it is really cut off from the outside world. Which is pretty good for a closed headphone you tell me;)
The appearance and design. Very crude, we like it or not.
Being able to change all the parts and quite easily (it took me just 5 minutes to change pads)

The LESS:
The headphone does not strike me as flat as they say ... So for the monitoring, I think this compromise. on the other hand, a DJ will be happy!
The comfort or lack of comfort ... The pressure on the ears is strong enough, I'll see if it's getting better with time. Spectacle wearer attention (I and after a while it hurts ..)
What is your opinion about the value for the price?

Paid 170 euros, I find it correct.

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?

Experience very low at the moment ^ ^ But as I compared to many other headphones of the same price range (between 100 and 200) and that it seemed like the best, I say yes:)

Conclusion: This headphone is a reference, and it goes very quickly realize why.
Rq: inhabitants of Paris, will test the headsets in magma, the universe, are also a few stores to Pigalle.