JBL JRX118S
JBL JRX118S

Subwoofer from JBL belonging to the JRX100 series.

JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Go JBL! »

Publié le 01/24/13 à 11:37
The JBL JRX 118S is a passive subwoofer that has a clean sound in almost any room size. I would crank this subwoofer up in many different spaces and would get zero distortion or muddy sounding bass. This is the subwoofer line from JBL that originally made me fall in love with their subs in the first place, the JRX line of subs was a way to get a great sounding bass without having to spend a ton of money on a subwoofer. That was back in companies like Mackie where overcharging for quality subwoofers and it was hard to find one that was good without breaking your whole budget on one.
These subs are built to take a beating; I still own mine and though I do not use it anymore I will never get rid of it because it symbolized how hard I use to have to work. I would take this sub with me everywhere when I was first starting out as a DJ and stage manager for other bands that needed me.
The sound of this sub is very clean, the low tones are full and rich and when you use it with some good speakers it will just complete the sound and work for any style of music. This woofer has never given a single issue. After using it for all of those years, it never had a single problem and that is generally what you get with JBL. You will get a good quality piece of gear from them all of the time. This JRX118S is the reason that I have purchased so many other woofers from JBL. You can get 1400 watts of peak power out of this woofer and 350 at continuous use. I am very happy that I purchased this woofer years ago, and I am even happier that I didn’t get rid of it and still own it!