Proximity is a collaborative effort by Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladg/sound.
This plug-in is a distance “pan-pot” based on various psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound sources.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
All of them can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options are designed to extend the possibilities further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
The plug-in is available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU format.
Check out www.tokyodawn.net/proximity for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- WIKSNET DAW Control Wiksnet has released DAW Control – a new wireless DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) controller app for the iPad.
- Keith McMillen Instruments QuNexus Keith McMillen Instruments is funding its QuNexus controller through Kickstarter.
- Kx-PolyMod v1.5 Kx-PolyMod has been updated to v1.5.