Fender Classic Series Japan '62 Telecaster Custom
Fender Classic Series Japan '62 Telecaster Custom

TLC-Shaped Guitar from Fender belonging to the Classic Japan series.

djkev7 djkev7
Publié le 12/26/07 à 12:03
It's a Fender Telecaster "crafted in Japan" as written on the handle. The binding is absolutely beautiful and the color (candy apple red for mine) is superb
I was looking for his precise characteristics of a Japanese site ISHIBASHI:

<Main Specifications> Body Alder (Bound Body)
Neck Maple, Oval Shape, 324mm Scale
Kluson Type Machine Heads
Chrome Hardware
Pickguard 3-Ply Aged White

9 comes as no cover or gigbag

First let me say that the paints used are of excellent quality, the finishes of the handle (frets, shape and inlays) are perfect.
Note the head of the guitar that has no hole to adjust the truss-rod, it is necessary to remove the handle to access the truss-rod.
Ergonomics was that good Telecaster.
It also has a good weight, compared to the Lite Ash's custom '62 is heavier, probably due to the alder wood is heavier than ash.
To my amazement, these vintage style mécanniques KLUSON required to provide good agreement.
A vacuum it sounds already in hell, it's plugged up!

I read in prior reviews criticisms of the microphones, which are nevertheless of special texas made in usa! Having owned a lite ash before, I can tell you that Seymour really cheap (dsl for people who have the lite ash) next to the Texas Special. The twang is well, even "big" harmonic saturation packed! The bass are dry!
Meanwhile, the micro neck brings all the softness you would expect from him, great, but may lack dynamics, but perhaps I quibble here!.
I read in forums as electronics on this guitar is "light", however I do not have parasites and knobs are changing the sound gradually. So everything is ok! So I do not change these texas special pickups that provide more side to this Péchu Japanese TV has an american standard.

I sold my lite ash tele to buy me another, a real TV, not one made in factories without Cort pickups fender. I went to Cologne, MusicStore, and after several tries with the Baja, I left with the classic Fender telecaster custom 62, which only cost me € 649. Than € 649 as against its qualities of sound and its look and is well worth it. To me, it is as good as TV but U.S. has its next vintage (bridge and mechanical), so without having the Bi-flex trussrod novelties and delta tone. So for lovers of vintage features! I count it later install a kit Bigsby "F"!

If I had to buy a TV, I think I will redeem it, with a kit to add a Bigsby!