G&L Tribute ASAT Classic
G&L Tribute ASAT Classic

TLC-Shaped Guitar from G&L belonging to the Tribute ASAT series.

PeteHolden PeteHolden

« Leo wouldn't have settled for less!! »

Published on 12/19/21 at 17:05
Audience: Advanced Users
I did a swap with a Yama sa1000 which I never used. I wasn’t sure about it, being a bit of a Tele lover, having a couple which I use, but it took me no more than 5 minutes hooked up to my THR Yamaha, to realise this was no Fender clone, but a seriously good guitar, which “happened to look like a Tele. A bit like if you let a computer and a wind tunnel create a car, they will all look the same, so if you create a perfectly functional guitar, which is as at home sitting with or standing, which is balanced, comfortable and easy to play, it’s probably going to look like a Strat or a Tele. It’s why 80% of my collection are these, and not Gibson. Gibson’s look classy, but are a constant battle to get comfortable with, and much as I’d love to have one, have always ended up trading them out as they just frustrate.
So my point is, it looks like a Tele because Leo decided that worked decades ago, but it really is so much more. Think of custom shop detail, because that is where it sits. It is a stunning piece of work which I never tire of holding. It plays like butter, and the electrics are flawless. It does do the Tele thing beautifully despite what some say. It cuts and spanks like any Tele. Just back off the gain a tad, and there it is!
The bonus though, is if you wind it up tp 10, then your are in p90 or even near Humbucker territory, and that with the fact there is a lot of quality timber resonating away under your arm, means you can have a real animal in the tone stakes if you want it.
I haven’t gigged my Teles since owning my Asat, and can’t imagine ever going back, No way will I sell them, as they still have a place, but my tool of choice now, is definitely my G&L.

Oui, Audiofanzine utilise des cookies. Et comme la dernière chose que nous voudrions serait de perturber votre alimentation avec des choses trop grasses ou trop sucrées, sachez que ces derniers sont fait maison avec des produits frais, bio, équitables et dans des justes proportions nutritives.
Ce que cela veut dire, c’est que les infos que nous y stockons ne visent qu’à simplifier votre usage du site comme à améliorer votre expérience sur nos pages (en savoir plus).

Il s'agit de cookies qui garantissent le bon fonctionnement du site Audiofanzine. Le site Web ne peut pas fonctionner correctement sans ces cookies. Exemples : cookies vous permettant de rester connecté de page en page ou de personnaliser votre utilisation du site (mode sombre ou filtres).