Jim Reed Guitars Telecaster top Thinline
Jim Reed Guitars Telecaster top Thinline
teddy111 teddy111
Published on 11/16/05 at 03:11
Italian semi-scale manufacturing.
Maple neck, 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard.
Two Kent Armstrong pickups Telecaster type.
Classic Telecaster bridge.
Settings: tone and volume - 3-position switch

The handle is a little flatter than a Fender neck in''C''could be called a''soft''C, but was soon in hand and proved pleasant to use.
Access to acute Telecaster is typical, ie medium.
Ergonomics are good, not that of a Stratocaster, of course, but this is light enough Thinline because of its hollow parts.
As for his ... is the slap ... beautiful, full of sustain, this guitar deserves to be used with a tube amp that will reveal all the grain noise of the beast!

This guitar is quite versatile: country, blues, rock ... but is not made for big sounds "hard" because of its configuration ...
I use it with tube amps: Fender Pro Junior, Fender Super Reverb amp and soon a 28 watt Class A Legend of Jim Reed.
I love the clean sounds and banging, this guitar is made for that.
I do not sound too rotten distortion ... So I avoid them!

I use it for about 6 months.
I love everything about this guitar, sound, look, robust construction.
I have tried other brands, more or less expensive, without convictions.
The value is 10/10. Can not find a better less than 400 €.
A remake, I trust Jim Reed and plans to expand the collection.