Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s
Kageryu Kageryu
Publié le 01/21/10 à 04:33
See other reviews. I put 9 for the jack, which sometimes tends to loosen a bit, but nothing really annoying.
Special mention to the brass saddles, giving a big plus to the sound and style compared to the Tele bridge with modern-type 6-jumpers. Oh, and the mechanics take very well the agreement to have no fear about that.

<ul>

The neck is great, and has nothing to envy the Fender that I had the opportunity to test, and I do not speak that Mexican standard! It slides alone, it is comfortable, neither too fat nor too thin.

<ul>

The guitar weighs his weight, but we made it quickly (though I do not look like Arnold Shwarzenegger!).

<ul>

Access to acute, meanwhile, is the same as for any other Telecaster: not bad, but could be improved (if that's your main selection criterion, it is better to choose a Start 'or superstrate, but it is not the same sound or the same face ... = p

In terms of getting good sound, nothing more simple: a 3-position selector (rather flexible, but I do not think it's embarrassing, on the contrary), a volume knob and one tone, to control the two famous singlecoil microphones that fit the beauty. The bridge pickup is very punchy, clean AC Twange in dry and saturated sound you get angry very acidic and one would expect from a Tele, riffs punks out on their own, it is enjoyable. One can even go up to push the vice in the big distortion, cash it very well the shock ... for riffs that metalheads going very well; on the other hand for frenzied solos I think it lacks the level of output, a humbucker seems to me more appropriate (a short video as an example ==> http://www.youtube .com / watch? v = J6YLqnHo _n- (
) ) As for the neck pickup, it is true that it lacks a chouille fishing but overall it is very very simpa, warm and bluesy to perfection.
AH, and no background noise like "buzz", I just wanted to point out is a very good place for singlecoils!

<ul>

I play a little bit of everything and follow me beautiful in all my delusions, either of blues, funk, rock or even metal (yes, really!). However, as stated above it lacks a bit of output level over a skyscraper of humbuckers equipped, so guitarists will prefer something more muscular, or they will add a hot track and everything will be fine (I really hesitate to do so, but I really love the sound of microphones that I can not bring myself to!)

In terms of sound, as stated above is what is usually expected of a Telecaster: rather crystalline and slamming.

I mainly play a Fender Vibro Champ on xD, and obviously it goes very well with this amp ... the sound is very good.

I love all the sounds, so I do not hate (yeah, obviously ...= p). But I use a lot less intermediate position, although it is very nice too.

</ul>

I use it for a little over a year now and I tried lots of other models, Strato, the Tele, Fender and Squier home, and frankly, it has nothing to envy of her peers . It crushes the Squiers first prize, she also crushes mex 'standard, and as was said below, to find a sound quality equivalent must be put roughly 3 times the price Fender, except for the Baja, with which is about "kif kif," but I hate the heat, and I find the system "S1" does not add much (in any case, it's not worth the price difference with this Squier .. . Fender logo costs decidedly expensive).
I love this guitar, it is excellent. She has only two flaws in my opinion: the jack that sometimes get loose a little, and the neck pickup lacks a bit of potato, but is nevertheless very good ... nothing so annoying.

For 300 euros from a German website which shall remain nameless (lol), it is a very good value for money.
Obviously, this choice I would do without any hesitation. Try it, it's worth it. Really.