Carl Martin Surf Trem
Carl Martin Surf Trem

Tremolo pedal from Carl Martin belonging to the Vintage series.

Faber_FDM Faber_FDM
Published on 04/13/07 at 00:45
It all depends on what you expect from a trmolo. Here, a single shape, sinusoidal. No form of knob, one type of tremolo, so that many of the vintage Vox and Fender amplifiers.
Two among jack, battery or adapter 9V, the cabin is metal, it must be able to stand the shock. The object is a consquente size, is not very "Pedal Board Friendly", is going to require a little place ... it's a bad point, but, hey, that n is not worse than a pedal Electro-Harmonix either!
Very beautiful green color, the knobs resemble those of Vox, it's funny. It does not go unnoticed.
EDIT: I baiss Note 5, because the door of the battery has broken even without that I force it and the paint from the hull does not seem trsrsistante. Luckily my pedal is always hangs my Pedal Board, and I fed via a common alime all my pedals. But when even ... Carl Martin have better sense as to reputation finishes.

USE

Two knobs, therefore, Depth and Speed, nothing too difficult ... you can not not find the right sound in seconds. The knobs are progressive. RAS on this point.

First, this pedal is absolute silence. It is incredibly transparent and hardly gnre breath, no assignment of the original signal -hormis the effect by itself, of course !! - And I would point out that it is a true bypass, which for this price (80 euros) is still exceptional even.
I do not think there is a better tremolo in this price range. The range is wide, it sounds good vintage, the wave is really very musical and even putting the two knobs background (the famous "chainsaw"), changes are very soft and it feels although the shape of the curve.
I will say that if you do not look for a square wave tremolo (type Green Day) this tremolo is for you because the Boss, Guyatone or Danelectro (which I very much appreciates that matter) can not hold comparing the point of view of the musicality and transparency.

NOTICE GLOBAL

To me the sound of Twin Peaks, of Creedence Clearwater Revival and Marc Ribot.
In short, everything I was looking for and nothing else.
Reliable pedal, silent, transparent and musical.
At the price of 80 euros, you can not go wrong.