Sunhouse introduces Sensory Percussion
Sunhouse presents Sensory Percussion, a new product that promises the nuance and control of an acoustic drum with the possibilities of digital sound.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign that started last Summer, Sunhouse has now opened preorders for Sensory Percussion.
According to them, Sensory Percussion is a modern take on electronic drums that captures the true expressive nature of drumming: while triggers turn your drum into little more than an on/off button, Sensory Percussion was designed to listen and react, responding to the essence of the drummer's performance.
Sensory Percussion is a hybrid hardware + software system that is an overlay onto acoustic drums. The sensor clamps to the side of a drum (snare, tom or kick) and connects to your Mac/PC software via a standard audio interface as a phantom-powered microphone.
Sensory Percussion is said to be able to understand where and how you hit the drum. Not only does it let you map different parts of the drum to any sound desired (from samples and synthesizers to digital audio effects), but it also lets you control those sounds in a way that's announced as both intuitive and expressive.
The result opens new possibilities, blending the natural expressivity of acoustic drums with the power of modern audio software.Features include:
- up to ten independent sound regions can be controlled on a single drum.
- possibility to blend between sound regions.
- ability to control continuous effects with your playing.
- possibility to apply effects controls across multiple drums.
- automatic and adaptive smart cross-talk cancelation.
Sensory Percussion kits can be preordered now in different configurations, including:
- Starter Kit (1 sensor) for $649 instead of $700
- Duo Kit (2 sensors) for $949 instead of $1025
- Trio Kit (3 sensors) for $1215 instead of $1315
- Complete Kit (4 sensors) for $1449 instead of $1575
More details at Sunhouse's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Aerodrums software updated The Aerodrum developer team announces the release of an update that adds new playing options to the virtual drums/controller.
- [NAMM] 2 Pearl Chad Smith limited snares Chad Smith and Pearl introduce the results of their renewed collaboration, which will be officially presented at NAMM 2015.
- New Simmons Drums SD500 electronic kit Simmons Drums introduces a new affordable electronic drum kit, the SD500, available for under $500.